© 2018 Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC) copyright materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part by persons, organizations or corporations other than the HSFC and its affiliates without prior written permission.
Please read the following Copyright Permission Guidelines before submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright Permission Guidelines
Last reviewed: May 2018
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada grants the User of the Website a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download the Content located on this Website for personal, non-commercial and not-for-profit use only. The Website is made available to you for your lawful, personal use only.
You may print pages from the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any of the Content and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, or disclaimers.
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this Website, including, without limitation, text, videos, logos, graphics, images and photographs, is proprietary to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC), its content suppliers or licensors, and protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, merged with other data, mirrored, distributed or used in any way, in whole or in part, by persons, organizations or corporations other than the HSFC, its affiliates and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick (collectively “HSF”) without prior written consent of HSFC.
How to request permission:
To obtain permission to use or copy HSFC-copyrighted materials from www.heartandstroke.com/.ca, any HSF’s provincial micro-sites and other sites operated by HSF or from related print materials, videos and audio materials, you must submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
Requests must include:
- Requestor’s name and title
- Company/institution name
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- HSFC document title
- Date of publication
- Catalogue number, page number or Website URL address
- Figure/table number
- Exact material to be used
The request must indicate what other source of information will be included in the resource, how the material will be used and distributed, and if the materials will be sold.
Please Note: Incomplete requests will be returned.
How long does it take HSFC to process a request?
Please allow 10 business days from receipt of all required information for a response. Additional time is required for requests to reprint certain recipes and resuscitation materials.
Permission may be granted to reproduce HSFC material if the request meets these criteria:
- Submission of completed form and sample materials.
- Accuracy/currency of requested HSFC material.
- The requested material does not exceed 25% of text, figures, tables, illustrations or video footage. Percentage may vary by source. (This criterion does not apply to Resuscitation materials and all medical illustrations.)
- Material must be used in association with credible publications/resources.
- Material cannot be adapted or changed in any way.
- Material may only be used for educational, awareness, promotional and not-for-profit purposes.
- Material will not be used for a commercial or for-profit activity or to promote a commercial product.
- Request may not cause the HSFC to lose copyright on the material.
- The HSFC copyright statement must be included on the reproduction.
Please note: Final approval is not granted until all fees (if applicable) and the Signed Content Use Agreement are received.
Permission will not be granted to:
- Use any HSFC trade-marks. This includes the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada logo, the Heart and Stroke Foundation logo, and other trade-marks and logos owned by the HSFC.
- Use any of the ‘medical’ illustrations.
- Use HSFC materials to endorse (implied or otherwise) a product, company or service.
- Copy an entire publication, pamphlet, slide presentation or video (This criterion does not apply to certain sections of the Websites – See Guideline for Use of Health Information Publication for details).
- Use any material that has been discontinued or is under revision.
- Modify or adapt HSFC materials.
- Use any HSFC/AHA resuscitation materials (see section on Resuscitation Use Guidelines for more information).